Are you motivated, creative and able to work in person-centred ways? If so, this could be an exciting opportunity for you to join a passionate company. At KEYFORT are mission is to get the best possible outcomes for the people that we work with. We are looking for people with the right values. We can train you in everything else, so if you are passionate about making a difference, able to work as part of a team and, have a caring nature then we might have the role for you.
Vacancy Job Title; Rehabilitation Support Worker
Vacancy Location; South Shields
Contract type; Flexible / Fixed
Number of hours available; 15+ depending on number of staff recruited and their availability
Shift pattern available;
- Tuesday: 8.30am – 10.30am & 12.45pm –18.00 pm
- Friday: 8.30am – 10.30am & 12.45pm –17.00 pm
- Alternative weekends: 11:00am/12:00pm – 15:00pm/16:00pm
- Plus, additional shifts may become available to cover annual leave
Person Specific Information; The individual we support is in his mid 30’s. He sustained an anoxic brain injury when he was aged 20. He is a wheelchair user with limited sensation and weakness in certain areas of his body to do all transfers independently. You will need to have a good level of fitness to support him in any transfer requirements. There are also, some elements of personal care; getting dressed, support with convene.
The gentleman works Monday to Friday for the NHS, and we support him with his morning routine then driving him to and from work. His interests are; playing the drums, going to the gym, going festivals, gigs and local pubs.
You will be supporting him to continue with his rehabilitation by assisting with daily physio routines as well as walking and standing exercises, to help him reach long term goals. As a rehabilitation support worker, you will also be required to support this individual to engage in his favourite daily activities, to promote his independence around the home where possible and to support with household tasks. We are looking for someone with a positive and motivational attitude who can make a real difference.
Essential Criteria; Driver, if you do not have access to your own vehicle the gentleman we support has his own vehicle, and you will be added to his insurance.
Desirable Criteria; Someone who is training towards a Physiotherapy qualification, or someone who has an interest in this field. However, it is more important that you have the right values to enable you to do this role safely. We will train you on all aspects of his routine and care requirements.
Who are KEYFORT? We are a team of specialist staff including Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Tutors, Clinical Psychologists and Specialist Support Staff. Over the years our expertise and support provision has expanded so that we now work in education, in the community, in employment and in the individual’s own home with their own staff and support team. Each package of care is tailored individually to the person’s needs.
We are extremely proud to be able to be able to offer specialised support to adults, children and young people. Our mission statement demonstrates our commitment to the people we support and our employees.
“Passionate about working together to provide specialist services. Real people providing real support to make a real difference”
What can KEYFORT offer you:
As well as personal satisfaction in knowing you have been able to make a positive difference to the person’s life. We also offer the following to our employees:
- Pay rates are £9.50 per hour
- A contract of employment with stipulated hours with paid annual leave
- We can also offer zero hour contracts where we will pay a minimum of £1.15 for every hour worked as holiday pay on top of the hourly rate, which can be drawn down on a monthly basis or, left to accumulate until you need it.
- An app where you can draw down up to 50% your wages in real time
- Work with one person on a rolling rota where you are given time to make a difference and work towards achieving outcomes with that person
- Access to Continued Professional Development opportunities and training courses
- A highly rated Mentoring and Shadowing programme
- Blue Light Card – giving you access to hundreds of national retailers with big discounts
- Generous refer a friend scheme
- Double Pay for bank holiday working
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
To apply, complete our online application form. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact our Recruitment Team on 0191 4911735.
KEYFORT Group Ltd are committed to Safeguarding and protecting Adults and Children.
We welcome applications from all areas of the community and welcome the opportunity to find out more about what you could bring to KEYFORT.