Vacancy Job Title; Support Worker (University / Campus setting).
Vacancy Department; ACE Division (Academic, Community & Employment)
Vacancy Location; In universities across the North East, Teesside, York, Leeds, Bradford, Sheffield and Liverpool.
Contract type; Zero Hour / Bank contract.
Shift pattern(s) available; Various;
- Timetable / on campus days and afternoons, Monday to Friday predominantly around the students’ academic timetable.
- Non timetable support will be across evenings, nights and weekends, some students may also require non term time support.
Hourly rate; Salaries ranging from NMW to £10 per hour, and are case and shift dependant.
What are KEYFORT looking for; KEYFORT work in close partnership with numerous Universities and Further Education Colleges, providing a comprehensive range of academic and community support packages to students. We put the student at the centre of the support they receive, encouraging independence and aiming to fulfil their ambitions and aspirations. You will be providing a high quality, responsive service which aims to remove barriers that prevent students from participating in higher and further education.
What would you be doing in your role? We work to support students with different needs, including Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Autism, Mental Health Conditions, Motor Neurone Disease, Muscular Dystrophy, Spinal and Brain injuries.
Whilst providing academic support packages, you can also support with personal care and nursing needs, such as toileting support, tracheostomy, PEG care, complex moving and handling, bowel therapy, and support with a person’s ventilator. Support can range from a noting taking session only, to larger 24/7 care package which will integrate both the personal care and academic support.
Support duties vary for each student and could include;
- Practical Support Assistance
- Library Support Assistance
- Reader / Scribe
- Workshop / Laboratory Assistant
- Sighted Guide
- Proof Reader
- Study Assistant
- Examination Support
- Note Taker
- 24-hour care – Integrating Education support, Community support and personal care.
- Waking night support
- Social activities inside and outside of the home.
We have varying shift patterns available, ranging from Term Time Table support only to cases which cover 24/7 support; typically completing 12 hour shifts from 8am to 8pm and 8pm to 8am.
To be considered for this position you must have completed one year of a degree qualification.
What experience do you need?
Experience is not always essential, it’s more important that you have the values which enable you to develop in this rewarding role.
KEYFORT will provide you with bespoke and case specific training. We are extremely proud of our training academy which, alongside shadow shifts and peer mentoring will enable you to deliver safe and responsive care.
Our Mission statement is “Passionate about working together to provide specialist services. Real people providing real support to make a real difference”
What benefits can you expect to see?; If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits you’ll get are:
- A Zero / Bank contract that works for you
- Access to an annual leave fund which is accrued at 12.07% on all hours worked
- Experience and access to Clinical Supervisions with our own Registered Nurse or Occupational Therapist
- A fantastic Training, Mentoring and Shadowing programme
- Double Pay for bank holiday working
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Colleague Referral Scheme – refer a friend and receive a £100 incentive bonus
We know that benefits mean more than the ‘list’ we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards and forums.
How to apply; Please send your CV and cover letter to our Recruitment Officer Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Recruitment Team, will sift your CV and identify any suitable cases / locations. If you are progressed to interview stage, these take place on line using the video platform ZOOM, or can be arranged face to face (location dependant).
KEYFORT Group Ltd are committed to Safeguarding and protecting Adults and Children.
We welcome applications from all areas of the community and, welcome the opportunity to find out more about what you could bring to KEYFORT.