Are you motivated, creative and able to work in person-centred ways? If so, this could be an exciting opportunity for you to join a passionate company. At KEYFORT are mission is to get the best possible outcomes for the people that we work with. We are looking for people with the right values. We can train you in everything else, so if you are passionate about making a difference, able to work as part of a team and, have a caring nature then we might have the role for you.
Vacancy Job Title; Specialist Support Worker
Vacancy Location; Cramlington
Salary / Rate of Pay; £9.50 p/h
Contract type; zero hour contract, with view to secure a contract after probation. Regular sessions on a rolling roster
Number of hours available in total; full time and part time
Minimum number of positions to fill the hours; 1 full time (approx. 30-36 hours) 2 part time positions (approx. 24 hours).
Who will you be supporting:
Position 1; The person we support is a 20-year-old gentleman who was involved in an RTA and experienced a head injury. We are supporting him in his rehabilitation, this includes help to access the community, support in building relationships and accessing different activities. You will be supported with his rehabilitation team and therapists to help with his rehabilitation. This young gentleman loves his music, Star Wars and would benefit from a support worker who has similar interests.
- 8.30am – 4.30pm working across rota’d shifts Monday to Friday
Position 2; The person we support is a young lady with Cerebral Palsy, she requires assistance with both employment and community support. Support will include assisting her to get dressed for work and providing note taking, and practical support around the workplace. When she is not at work (Saturdays) you will be supporting the young lady to go into town, swimming or shopping.
- 7am – 5.30pm working across rota’d shifts between Monday to Friday, and you must be able to work every other Saturday 10am – 5.30pm
It would be desirable if you were a driver with access to your own car for community outings for both role, however this is not essential. Any mileage incurred would be paid at £0.45p per mile.
Who are KEYFORT?
We are a team of specialist staff including Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Tutors, Clinical Psychologists and Specialist Support Staff. Over the years our expertise and support provision has expanded so that we now work in education, in the community, in employment and in the individual’s own home with their own staff and support team. Each package of care is tailored individually to the person’s needs.
We are extremely proud to be able to be able to offer specialised support to adults, children and young people. Our mission statement demonstrates our commitment to the people we support and our employees.
“Passionate about working together to provide specialist services. Real people providing real support to make a real difference”
What can KEYFORT offer you:
As well as personal satisfaction in knowing you have been able to make a positive difference to the person’s life. We also offer the following to our employees:
- Pay rates are £9.50 per hour
- A contract of employment with stipulated hours with paid annual leave
- We can also offer zero hour contracts where we will pay a minimum of £1.15 for every hour worked as holiday pay on top of the hourly rate, which can be drawn down on a monthly basis or, left to accumulate until you need it.
- An app where you can draw down up to 50% your wages in real time
- Work with one person on a rolling rota where you are given time to make a difference and work towards achieving outcomes with that person
- Access to Continued Professional Development opportunities and training courses
- A highly rated Mentoring and Shadowing programme
- Blue Light Card – giving you access to hundreds of national retailers with big discounts
- Generous refer a friend scheme
- Double Pay for bank holiday working
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
To apply, complete our online application form, upload your CV and our Recruitment Team will be in contact soon. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact our Recruitment Team on 0191 4911735.
KEYFORT Group Ltd are committed to Safeguarding and protecting Adults and Children.
We welcome applications from all areas of the community and welcome the opportunity to find out more about what you could bring to KEYFORT.