What can we do?
Our Children and Young People service has been designed to support with a wide range of physical and cognitive needs. This can include nursing support like tracheostomy or PEG care as well as behavioural support.
Our service delivers;
- 24 hour or “live in” care, which may also require “waking” night care.
- Short breaks or respite care for parents – with a support worker in the home or the child or young person taken to a different setting.
- Social and educational activities inside and outside of the home.
What can you expect from us?
You can expect our service to work with a person centred and strengths-based approach in mind.
Children/young people and their families/carers can expect to;
- Have a good care experience.
- Feel involved with their care at all times.
- Receive care and support which improves or maintains their wellbeing.
- Receive a service which develops independence and achievement
Depending on the nature of the support requested, we will work with the children and young people and their next of kin to set goals and outcomes for the support which will be reviewed regularly.
We use digital technology in all aspects of our support delivery. From staff planning to documenting the child’s/young person’s support.
Our specialist team
We employ a specialist team including Specialist Support Coordinators, a Paediatric Nurse and our Clinical Lead is an Occupational Therapist.
Our supporting staff are assigned to bespoke packages of care and support. This helps the child/young person and their loved ones to build relationships and be assured needs are being met.
When we set up the child/young person’s support, we can provide specialist training from our Paediatric Nurse (Nursing Skills) or Clinical Lead (NAPPI-UK for behavioural concerns).
Our support is usually funded by the local authority, NHS or personal health budgets.
Once we receive a referral, we will arrange an initial assessment at the person’s home. During this visit we will explore the child/young person’s support needs and what their preferences are.
Fore more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call is on 0191 4911735.